Week 11/15

 Howdy, 

I have been working on my project with the bees and have 95% completed my methods section. I like how the project is running and I think I have eliminated the outstanding variables. I also am working on the air quality project in which we are comparing air quality before, after and during SARS-COV2 transmission? This topic is of high importance to most because of the pandemic. I like how these two research topics play hand in hand because the honey from the trigonal bees is said to help with filtering out bad pollutes that the body may intake " A trio of researchers at Oxford University has found that honey is a better treatment for upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) than traditional remedies."(Yirka,2020) However this honey is made in small amounts so producing it would be hard. Also you have the FDA, trying to get it approved and the whole rigorous process of getting the honey distributed. Not to mention testing is hard to do with the lack of supply and demand plus there are no bees in the United states that produce this high antimicrobial honey. 

Yirka, B. (2020, August 19). Honey found to be a better treatment for upper respiratory tract infections than traditional remedies. Medical Xpress. https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-honey-treatment-upper-respiratory-tract.html






Comments

  1. Whoa, what is retracted from your post? Any way, the air quality chart is extremely impressive! I am pleasantly surprised by that and I guess we can say that that is a positive side effect of COVID. I do recall seeing images of rivers and and channels in very populated cities in Europe become crystal
    clear after like a month of quarantine. Very cool how the environment reacts to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^

    A trio of researchers at Oxford University has found that honey is a better treatment for upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) than traditional remedies."(Yirka,2020)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts